Information You Should Gather from Employees with Covid-19
In addition to the things you would normally ask a Claimant, we think it is extremely important to ask the Claimant about the following:
- The date the symptoms started.
- Family members or friends with COVID-19, and your contact with them.
- Family members or friends exposed to COVID-19 and contact with those family members/friends.
- The source of the claimed exposure.
- Coworkers with COVID-19, and when coworkers with COVID-19 became ill.
- All people living with them and their jobs.
- Social activities outside of work and people claimant has come into contact with regardless of whether they suffer from COVID-19, including whether Claimant has been social distancing.
- Use of public transportation.
- Any recreational activities that has taken claimant out of their home (i.e. walks on bike trails, sidewalks, etc. where others are walking).
- Locations where they have gone to pick up carry out food.
- Locations where they have gone grocery shopping.
- Locations where they have stopped at convenient stores for gas, food, cigarettes, etc.
- Generally, you will want to find out anywhere Claimant have been where they could have been exposed to people or surfaces that other people have touched.
- These questions should cover the three weeks prior to them becoming symptomatic.
We would be happy to discuss this with you further if you would like. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.
Be smart, be safe, be happy, and spread joy to others.
Chuck Cutler (Cell 515-240-7309)
Steve Brown (Cell 515-321-4300)
Bob Gainer (Cell 515-423-9293)
Greg Taylor (Cell 309-264-1767)
John Cutler (Cell 303-912-6838)
No Legal Advice Intended
The contents of this newsletter are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. The contents of this newsletter should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The information presented in this newsletter may not reflect the most current legal developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained in this newsletter and our firm disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this newsletter to the fullest extent permitted by law. For any specific legal issues, please contact one of our attorneys and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.